CCleaner

V.A

Hi,

I finally uninstalled CCleaner once and for all.

Reason :

When I start CCleaner (whether I am logged-in as an administrator or a standard user in Vista), I am always asked for administrator permission.

I couldn't get rid of that annoyance, so I got rid of it by uninstalling CCleaner (what a pity).

Kind regards

Did you try what has worked for many vista users, right-clicking the CCleaner desktop icon and choosing run as administrator.

Yes I did - but it didn't change anything - I still get a window popping up and asking me confirmation to start the program.

I even changed the permissiond to full control, but the confirmation window was still there.

Yes I did - but it didn't change anything - I still get a window popping up and asking me confirmation to start the program.

I even changed the permissiond to full control, but the confirmation window was still there.

You do realize that Vista does this for 99% of its programs. It always asks you whither to open it or not. Thats not Piriform's fault, thats the operating system.

You do realize that Vista does this for 99% of its programs. It always asks you whither to open it or not. Thats not Piriform's fault, thats the operating system.

Yet another reason to NOT install Vista

P.S. I'm posting this with my new WinXP Pro system and really like it B) and it does not require 2GB RAM just to load :P

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Yes I do realize a lot.

And most of the programs behave the way they should (or the way I want them to behave) under Vista.

Until now CCleaner is one of the only exceptions.

That is why I uninstalled it.

My post was meant as info about a shortcoming of CCleaner, not to start a discussion about Vista.

Yet another reason to NOT install Vista

P.S. I'm posting this with my new WinXP Pro system and really like it B) and it does not require 2GB RAM just to load :P

I disagree with you if you don't mind.

To me it is THE reason for not using CCleaner - it is not because of a small program like CCleaner that I am going to replace my OS you know ;-) :-)

I disagree with you if you don't mind.

To me it is THE reason for not using CCleaner - it is not because of a small program like CCleaner that I am going to replace my OS you know ;-) :-)

No other (positive) Vista-solutions ?

OK - CCleaner is going to leave my machine tonight.

No harm done - I have found other alternatives.