Need some display help please!

slowday444

I installed an NVIDIA graphics card since it was free after rebate and I only had integrated graphics. The backgrounds of the toolbars in both Ff and IE are very beige now instead of white. Any ideas on how to brighten them up would be appreciated. My display is set for Windows Blue, which it was before the install.

perhaps you need to alter the display settings? (right click desktop - settings - advanced in XP) or perhaps the colour settings of the actual monitor need adjusting?

It could be the way the graphics card is mixing the red, green and blue colours. I have a feeling that beige is a composite colour of mixing red and green, so you may need to make some slight adjustments.

I've just gone into the display settings for my monitor - if I adjust the colour setting from "9300k for general use" to "6500k for Image management", white colours display as light brown (which is beige). Changing to "sRGB" makes the brown / beige even more pronounced. Changing back to 9300k brings back a blue hue / brighter white colour.