Weird problems I've had

CTskifreak

Alright...I've noticed for a while now that I can't access some things with some sites. Here's what I mean:

• YouTube - I can't access the beta site (The flash thing) - on either of my two computers. I have everything updated - in both IE and Firefox
  • AOL - With the actual program, on my newer Dell, I can't cycle through the top news stories, while my older machine (Win2000Pro) I can. When I try, it just brings it up in a new window, and I still can't do it.
  • Webshots - On my Dell, the online uploader won't work..I had to download the Webshots Desktop program - which I like..however, to change the profile picture album, you have to do it through the online uploaded...and my other computer allowed me to access it.

I believe this is an Active X issue, but not totally sure. Is there any help that anyone can give me?

Thanks,

AJ

• Moderators

You could also have problems if you're using any adblocking lists other than default one in say Adblock Plus for Firefox. Another culprit could be a HOSTS file entry.

Edit:

You could also need to uninstall Adobe Flash Player, then download and reinstall it from here.

• 3 weeks later...

Son of a gun...I figured it out...at least the YouTube part...i unchecked the Flash player box in CCleaner, reinstalled Flash, and it worked. I'll get back to you and see if Webshots.com or AOL is working how it should.

AJ