CCleaner freezes

nytazz

I have been using CCleaner since version 1.3 and loved it but when I upgraded to the latest version on my machine, When I go to clean out the registry it freezes my box at 14%. I uninstalled it and did a clean install with the same results. I also noticed on the top where it tells you your machine specs it says Windows 95 even though I am currently running XP Pro fully updated. P4 2.6 1Gig ram. Unfortunately I did not save any previous versions so I can't install an older version. I will continue to use the cleaner part but would like to have full funtionality of the program.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on? TIA

What version do you have, 2.01.507?

By the way earlier versions can be downloaded from here on the right

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Yes that is the version I am running.

I have been doing some elimination by checking only one item at a time. The problems seems to be with 4 catagories in the list, Active X, applications,fonts, & application paths. All others do what the are supposed to do. Hope that info helps.

I am thinking it may be a by product of the Microsoft IE 7 build that was released on Thursday Oct 4. Which I install on Friday 10/5. That is the only thing that is new this week other than AV updates and Windows Defender update. The CCleaner was working fine up until this morning when I was doing my routine maintenence before creating a weekly Image Backup.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been using CCleaner since version 1.3 and loved it but when I upgraded to the latest version on my machine, When I go to clean out the registry it freezes my box at 14%. I uninstalled it and did a clean install with the same results. I also noticed on the top where it tells you your machine specs it says Windows 95 even though I am currently running XP Pro fully updated. P4 2.6 1Gig ram. Unfortunately I did not save any previous versions so I can't install an older version. I will continue to use the cleaner part but would like to have full funtionality of the program.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on? TIA

I experienced (almost) the same: while cleaning the registry CC hangs on 13% for a very long time (also on different systems). Info on top is correct.

I'm also using CC for years at great satisfaction even on Windoes 2003 servers.