Software to check various email accounts

So I am looking for a piece of software to check all my emails in one place. I have the following:

hotmail

gmail

yahoo

service provider

Not expecting much with the service provider, but the rest id like a one stop shop approach. everything come in there, and be able to send out from there.

Im not sure what to use. I tried the webmail extension-didnt work out that good. the gmail extensions dont seem to be working out for me, and not sure if outlook, or thunderbird is the answer. Or anything else. I really want to check all email in one spot to save time and energy.

any suggestions?

thanks!

So I am looking for a piece of software to check all my emails in one place. I have the following:

hotmail

gmail

yahoo

service provider

Not expecting much with the service provider, but the rest id like a one stop shop approach. everything come in there, and be able to send out from there.

Im not sure what to use. I tried the webmail extension-didnt work out that good. the gmail extensions dont seem to be working out for me, and not sure if outlook, or thunderbird is the answer. Or anything else. I really want to check all email in one spot to save time and energy.

any suggestions?

thanks!

If you use Thunderbird or Outlook you will need POP 3 access to your web mail accounts to down load messages to TB and Outlook. Gmail gives you that for free Hotmail and Yahoo do not. If your willing to pay for POP 3 access than TB or Outlook would work for you. If you don't want to pay than you can try this app http://www.poppeeper.com/ It checks all your accounts for you.

Ok this is really reallly weird. I installed both and tried em out. eprompter has a nice interface when opened but ugly as heck to look at for emails. worked though, but i dont think im interested that much.

next i tried pop peeper. k, this is where it gets weird. i logged into my old gmail account and it found 130 emails that have been deleted. i mean, they are gone. not in a single folder on my computer, not in any of my file folders,trash, spam, nadda. i cant access them from my gmail account at all. yet they show up in poppeeper. they are old emails i sent or received from 3 YEARS ago! long since deleted. now im creeped out. im wondering if this accessed something that google is storing but doesnt even let me see. hmmmmm

Ok this is really reallly weird. I installed both and tried em out. eprompter has a nice interface when opened but ugly as heck to look at for emails. worked though, but i dont think im interested that much.

next i tried pop peeper. k, this is where it gets weird. i logged into my old gmail account and it found 130 emails that have been deleted. i mean, they are gone. not in a single folder on my computer, not in any of my file folders,trash, spam, nadda. i cant access them from my gmail account at all. yet they show up in poppeeper. they are old emails i sent or received from 3 YEARS ago! long since deleted. now im creeped out. im wondering if this accessed something that google is storing but doesnt even let me see. hmmmmm

You sure are having many problems with all the email notification programs you are trying. Those last two are not intended to be full featured email clients. You know what I did? I dumped everything except Gmail. If you need multiple accounts than make several Gmail accounts. Than I set Thunderbird up and I get free POP3 with Gmail. So I handle all emails through TB using Gmail. Also the Gmail Manager extension and Webmail extension for Firefox work/worked perfectly for me. I use the Gmail Manager extension with Firefox on machines that don't have TB installed.

Hey Anthony. I would LOVE to dump most of my email accounts. i am now down to 2 hotmail, 3 gmail, and one yahoo. I need the yahoo and hotmail accounts for the instant messenger features that go with them-some people i know only use one or the other or mac computers, etc. and it seems to be a problem if i try a one stop shop with hotmail. as well, im registered in so many different places with a few different email addys that i dont want to go to a couple of hundred places and change my email with them.

i was loving the gmail manager extension, but for no reason it stopped working on both my computers. i dont know why. everything on both comps are updated, clean of all spyware/virus (i ran everything possible and defragged, cleaned, checked the registry everything) and everything else is working fine. the only good thing is i dumped about 20 email addresses during this process so im thinning the herd so to speak. :P

i was loving the gmail manager extension, but for no reason it stopped working on both my computers. i dont know why. everything on both comps are updated, clean of all spyware/virus (i ran everything possible and defragged, cleaned, checked the registry everything) and everything else is working fine.

Are you talking about this extension? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1320

Works perfectly for me. What do you mean stopped working? Couldn't log in to your accounts or you weren't getting notifications?

yeah thats the extension. worked perfectly for a long time and then it stopped. would log in certain accounts and then not others. i tried everything-uninstalled it, installed older versions of firefox, reinstalled it, changed all my passwords, etc. still wouldnt seem to work right. i was bummed cause i liked it.

if there was an extension like that that not only worked for me, but also checked hotmail and yahoo, id pay for it. in a heartbeat.

yeah thats the extension. worked perfectly for a long time and then it stopped. would log in certain accounts and then not others. i tried everything-uninstalled it, installed older versions of firefox, reinstalled it, changed all my passwords, etc. still wouldnt seem to work right. i was bummed cause i liked it.

if there was an extension like that that not only worked for me, but also checked hotmail and yahoo, id pay for it. in a heartbeat.

Well the Webmail Notifier extension does just that https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4490

I think you said you are having trouble with that one to. It worked great for me.

alrighty. im trying out the windows live desktop mail beta and so far working like a charm and super awesome. ill let you all know how it all turns out. :)

How are you accessing Yahoo Mail with it? Gmail gives you free POP and I think Hotmail/Live Mail lets you get your mail if you use that new Live Desktop beta but not Yahoo.

thats the only hitch. i might use the yahoo mail notifier thing for firefox. but it does work for the paid version of yahoo, just not the freebie.

ill keep trying though. and report back in my search. not totally sold yet. :)