uninstalled firefox extensions wont disappear from my sidebar

hello i have two old uninstalled firefox extensions that wont seem to disappear from my sidebar. they are:

talkback

vmn toolbar

ive attempted to uninstal many times, without success. they are not installed, but appear in grey text (sort of shadowed out like when you disable an extension) any suggestions? thanks!

• Moderators

I've never actually used a side bar. Have you tried disabling the side bar, or switching it off, or whatever you do to get rid of it.

They might be gone when you enable it again.

What happens if you right click on the greyed out area? I've found some add ons that don't respond to the uninstall button, but right clicking on them normally gives you a menu which includes "uninstall".

hello i have two old uninstalled firefox extensions that wont seem to disappear from my sidebar. they are:

talkback

vmn toolbar

ive attempted to uninstal many times, without success. they are not installed, but appear in grey text (sort of shadowed out like when you disable an extension) any suggestions? thanks!

Have you tried going onto the Firefox profile folder and than into the extensions sub folder? Check and see if the uninstalled extensions are still in there at all. If they are delete them. Make sure Firefox is closed when you do it.

Are you using All In One Side Bar? That's the only way I can figure that you are seeing these extensions in the side bar. It lets you open the Extensions Manager in the side bar.

yeah im using the allinonesidebar extension. its pretty good. :) maybe its the problem? im not sure.

I have never had a problem with the All In One Side Bar extension. It sounds like the extensions didn't fully uninstall. When ever that has happened to me I just delete them from the extension folder located in the your Firefox profile.

yeah im using the allinonesidebar extension. its pretty good. :) maybe its the problem? im not sure.

I would go with Anthony's suggestion - if you go into the extensions folder in your profile there will be a buch of weird named folders for each extension. But you can usually get an idea which folder is for which extension by going into each folder and opening any readable file (readmes etc). Once you've removed the folder for the two problematic extensions you could check in the prefs.js file (also in your profile folder) and remove any references to the two extensions, should be sorted then ;)

good suggestion. i found one and removed it, but the other one has no references in any of the folders as to which it is. ill keep trying. thanks for the help guys! :)

oh and i put in that webmail extension. it doesnt seem to login automatically like gmail notifier. when i click on any gmail link it always opens the default one. but in gmail notifier i can click each gmail address and it opens them. any suggestions as to what im doing wrong, or is this just the way it works? thanks!