FireFox Cookies

Billy R

Hi,

I would like to keep the sourceforge.net cookie because it contains the preferred mirror setting.

But CCleaner does not show this and other cookies while they are shown in the Firefox cookies list.

Could this be a bug?

I am using CCleaner 2.00.500 and FireFox 2.0.0.7

Regards,

Billy

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have still the same problem with CCleaner, not all FireFox cookies are selectable in the Cookies to Delete/Cookies to Keep Box.

The sourceforge.net Cookie with the Preferred Mirror setting is not shown.

I am using CCleaner 2.04.532 and FireFox 2.0.0.11

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Regards,

Billy

Hello Billy R,

Thanks for following up on your original Post.

Can you provide some more specific info as regards the Firefox cookies you are reporting as not showing in the CCleaner cookies list?

Also OS and version,CPU,Browsers,security software etc.

The more info you provide can help resolve any "bugs" sooner.

What actions do you do and then what happens?

Thanks,

:) davey

• Moderators

Hi Billy, I recently had a problem keeping logged in to a Music site, and although I was keeping all the cookies that were visible in CCleaner, relative to this site, I still had to keep logging in each time, and applying user settings.

And then I discovered the relevant cookie/cookies were "flash" cookies. These are "settings.sol" files, and I added their containing folder to CCleaners exclude list, and now I log on automatically to the site, and keep all my settings.

I found them here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\TC6R3XQX\<web site folder>\settings.sol (this may be a salted number, and different to yours).

And here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\<web site folder>\settings.sol

I've no idea if Sourceforge uses this type of cookie for users settings, but it's worth a look.