Partition Recovery?

taste the rainbow

Recently, I had a 160 GB external drive full of backups.

It locked up while being accessed. Then, when brought back online, it had a corrupted MBR.

I finally found a program that was able to restore the 2cd good NTFS MBR copy & save my hide.

Years of work, nearly down the drain. Active Partition Recovery did the job.

There are not enough good & easy free programs to fix or manage partitions, particularly repairing a corrupted one. If you could come out with a partition management software, I am sure it would be simple, portable, easy, & better than anything out there.

Thank you for your hard work, Mr G, & although it may be too much to hope for this, I still hope against hope that you will save me & many others the frustration of the occasional glitch that makes us nearly pop a vessel.

If you do decide to do this, I will definitely be adding it to my collection.

Once again, thanks for your contributions to mankind.

I am fixing to make my contribution to mankind with a pollution free energy source for mankind in the upcoming months.

Peace.

I recall that fdisk /mbr has this fix though this is from memory in the bad old days of bootsector viruses

I still use that command from a Win98 boot floppy or similar, though rarely, if and when a ghost clone won't boot.

I think it's fixmbr and or fixboot if booting from an XP cd.

taste the rainbow:

I am fixing to make my contribution to mankind with a pollution free energy source for mankind in the upcoming months.

Any info online on your quest for the pollution free energy?