Tired of trying to sync Favorites/Bookmarks etc?

Buzzzzzby

I use IE7, Firefox and Opera at various times and always found it a nuisance trying to keep them synchronized, even with the various add-ons available.

Thanks to reading help forums like this one I've now bought, and use daily, a great little Bookmark/Favorites manager called LinkStash

It works with Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla (Firefox), NetCaptor and Opera, but it's SEPARATE from them so you don't have to worry about synchronizing all the time. To open a bookmark you can either leave it to open with whatever default browser you had set it to, or right click the bookmark to open it with a browser of your choice.

Its layout is very similar to Windows Explorer with drag 'n drop, copying, sorting, highlighting etc. It's searchable too!

You can download a free 30 day (full version) trial to see if you like it.

Bet you WILL though!

Works in all Windows except '95.

To buy (after the 30 days) it does cost US$19.95 but hey, that's only about 10 quid (UK) at current exchange rates. (About 4 pints of bitter - If you don't live in London!)

One of the best ten quids worths I've ever spent anyway!

I was so SICK of wondering where that half remembered bookmark had gone - maybe I'd saved it in IE7, - or was it Opera? - now where the hell was it! - I DID save it didn't I?

All that's finished now. - I KNOW where it is!

:)

p.s. I honestly have no connection at all to the program makers or vendors. I just love the program and think it should be better known! Please pass it on if you like it.

p.p.s. I prepared this post in a note using my favourite free 'stick-it' note program "stickies"

You CAN lose your dog because it got loose.

You CANNOT loose your dog because it got lose.

Spot the difference?

Err, I would of written a few lines in a CMD file...could do it automatically and you could have set it to run each time a user logs on. Id rather drink some beer with 10 pounds lol ;)

Well YOU, obviously, are a far superior being who knows about these things and will one day sit at the right hand of the geek God.

I was thinking more of those ordinary mortal types who may not even be sure what CMD means. Perhaps something to do with the ten CMDmnts?

God only knows... - and you too of course. :)

Spot the difference?

Hey now, dont be like that :0 I was just trying to point out that free help is here on the forum from many members. The first commandment is save pocket money for beer, not for software problems ;)

And truthfully, its the script kiddies who think they know it all. Vista has over 50million lines of code. Goodluck trying to understand that operating system in proper, full technical depth inside your head ;) The more the years drag on in my profession the more I see what I dont know. Most ICT people have a general base of knowledge and then a specific expertise ontop of that. Whats dangerous in my book is the professional who thinks they know it all - hmmm wait no I think more dangerous if the the ICT manager who has deadlines and budgets! Yes the latter most certainly!!

The first commandment is save pocket money for beer, not for software problems ;)

You mean the first CMDmnt? :)

I'm also keen on the pocket money / beer connection (of course) but I don't mind loosening my grip on the brass now and then for a decent bit of (useful) kit.

And of course the dollar's at such a favourable exchange rate at the moment! :D

Spot the difference?