Traveling Wilburys

rridgely

• Moderators

I've had the reissued Traveling Wilbury's 3 disc set a few weeks now. I have to say that I've been in musical bliss ever since!

The music is just fantastic and if you are remotely interested in these kinds of artists then its a definite buy.

The Wilburys is a supergroup with the following people:

Tom Petty

Bob Dylan

George Harrison

Roy Orbison

Jeff Lyne(I dont think I spelled this right.. anyway I dont like him much. :P)

Anyway this set is amazing. I've wanted these songs for a while but they were just about impossible to find legally because George Harrisons estate wouldnt reissue them until now.

The music is just a lot of fun. These are some of my top music heroes getting together to have a great time and make good music. They aren't taking themselves seriously and it shows. This music isnt as serious as these artists past work(especially dylans) but its great none the less.

My favorite songs:

Handle With Care

Dirty World

Congratulations

End of the Line

Tweeter and the monkey man

Heading for the light

Inside out

If you belonged to me

last night

And pretty much all of the others.

Those all should have been instant hits(a few of them were). Heading for the light could have been a beatles song(kind of like here comes the sun. But there is no way it could be as good.)

You cant really preview these songs but you can watch a few of them on youtube since videos were made(but I like the songs that werent videos better).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLipHoBSbJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWyW6lT1HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKu31q9SBbA

In the set you get both albums and a dvd disc with all the videos and a short documentary.

If you think you would be even remotely into these songs you owe it to yourself to check it out. Completely worth the 20 bucks I spent on it. I cant turn it off!

• Moderators
Unfortunately some of those artists are late greats, and have passed away.

All before their time. :(

On a side note... I may be getting dylan tickets next week. It depends on how hard they are to get.

I REALLY want to go.

Whats really sad about the wilburys is that roy died before they made the second disc. Even though I'm not a huge fan of his you can deffintely tell they were better with him. This was the last music he made I think and he didnt even get to be in the video for end of the line(they just put a rocking chair with a guitar in it and a pic of him on screen when his parts come up). Its the second link I posted.

I really wish George and John hadnt died. It would have been pretty awesome to get to see if the beatles would have come back together. I think they would, in later interviews john even said that the wounds had healed and that they were on speaking terms.