Cookies left behind?

Lexonex

I click "options" and then "cookies"....It shows the cookies to delete but, how do I delete them?..I'm not sure why the cookies are showing up there......I mean I "cleaned" them once under "cleaner" and "windows"..........

Windows Vista Home Premium

64-bit Operating System

I.E. 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Gateway FX510S

Intel? Pentium? D 950 CPU 3.40GHz

800 MHz FSB, 2x2MB cache non-HT EM64T

Intel (Watsonville 2) 975x Motherboard

BIOS WT97510J.15A.2039.2006.0825.0358

600-Watt power supply

4093 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Graphics Card

CCleaner v2.00.475 Beta

• Moderators

Every time you go on the internet you will get cookies, just think of them as calling cards from the places (sites) online you have looked at.

The ones you want to save so that you don't have to keep putting in your name and password ( say for this forum) you would go in the CCleaner program to options>cookies and highlight the cookies you want to keep in the" cookies to delete" column and click the middle arrow to send it over to the "cookies to keep column".

It is normal for there to be a list of cookies in that delete column or it means you aren't surfing the internet Lexonex :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I click "options" and then "cookies"....It shows the cookies to delete but, how do I delete them?..I'm not sure why the cookies are showing up there......I mean I "cleaned" them once under "cleaner" and "windows"..........

CCleaner v2.00.475 Beta

I think Lexonex is referring to the part where after using CCleaner beta 2 to remove data (run cleaner) if you go back to the Options > Cookies settings, there are still cookies listed under the "Cookies to Delete" column.... even without doing any more browsing after running CCleaner.

Could be a vista bug, I see Lexonex is using Vista Home, I'm on Vista Ultimate 32bit.

[Yes. The option to remove cookies for IE and FF is checked.]

I think Lexonex is referring to the part where after using CCleaner beta 2 to remove data (run cleaner) if you go back to the Options > Cookies settings, there are still cookies listed under the "Cookies to Delete" column.... even without doing any more browsing after running CCleaner.

Could be a vista bug, I see Lexonex is using Vista Home, I'm on Vista Ultimate 32bit.

[Yes. The option to remove cookies for IE and FF is checked.]

I have the same problem Jeromy & Lexones.

Some cookies are never cleaned up.

I am also running Vista Home Premium.

Regards

I have the same problem Jeromy & Lexones.

Some cookies are never cleaned up.

I am also running Vista Home Premium.

Regards

are you using firefox? if so then here's a way to delete them everytime you close FF

1.Click in the Tools

2.Go to Options

3.then Privacy

4.Click on the Clear my private data every time i close firefox

5.then the Settings click on the cookies

6.then click apply

"if you go back to the Options > Cookies settings, there are still cookies listed under the "Cookies to Delete" column"...

That is correct Jeromy.......These cookies hang around for some reason after I have clicked "Run Cleaner" within the CCleaner program ("Options">"Cookies") and I'm not sure why...I am running Vista Home Preium 64 bit..I guess it is a "bug"......I do like the program and will continue to use it and will wait for the final "corrected", "bugless" version to arrive...I just have to keep alert for that update I guess.

Thanks.........

are you using firefox? if so then here's a way to delete them everytime you close FF

1.Click in the Tools

2.Go to Options

3.then Privacy

4.Click on the Clear my private data every time i close firefox

5.then the Settings click on the cookies

6.then click apply

Thanks for the suggestion, but I use IE7.

And I like the option to keep some of the cookies in CCleaner - I don't want to delete them all.

I guess we'll have to wait for a bug-repair in a next beta of CCleaner.

I am using XP home edition and appear to be suffering from the same problem :mellow:. It would appear that the cookies have been removed but footprints of the sites visited remain :angry:. I am unable to find a way to delete the site footprints and have no idea how this could be done :huh:. Maybe an e-mail to Piriform would resolve the problem and would suggest that the original source of this problem do this and let the rest of us know what reply is received to resolve the matter :rolleyes:.

Yes, this is a bug on my Vista Ultimate also. The older version of CCleaner use to delete all the cookie except the one you selected to keep. Only way to clean them is to "Tools" in window IE7 and select "Delete Browsing History" and the select "Delete Cookies" or "Delete ALL". Hope this bug is fixed in the next release of CCleaner.

Yes, this is a bug on my Vista Ultimate also. The older version of CCleaner use to delete all the cookie except the one you selected to keep. Only way to clean them is to "Tools" in window IE7 and select "Delete Browsing History" and the select "Delete Cookies" or "Delete ALL". Hope this bug is fixed in the next release of CCleaner.

Same problem for me on xp and also seem that all cookies got deleted, even the excluded ones.

• 1 month later...