CCleaner not in Programs Menu

KM1

I just installed CCleaner on my daughters computer and it is not in the Menu list of all programs. I click Start > All Programs and cannot find it. However, it is in add/remove and is located on the C drive. Since I did not choose to install a desktop Icon, I just added a shortcut using the icon in the CCleaner folder from its folder on the C drive. How do I add the program to my programs list? Also, does this mean I did not have a clean install and should uninstall and reinstall again. Seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated.

KM1

Really, either way it doesn't matter. Whatever you think is easier.

TwistedMetal:

I uninstalled and during the last reinstall I noticed that their is an option to add a shortcut to the desk top and below this is the option to add a shortcut to the programs. This second one is a check box that I unchecked on install. Is this the reason that it did not show in the all programs list. Is that what the second checkbox is for??

Second question, I noticed that when I run CCleaner it changes the homepage on IE I had replaced the original with. Why is this. Is their a way for CCleaner to leave the homepage I want in IE as is?

Thanks, any further help with these two questions would be appreciated.

KM1

I uninstalled and during the last reinstall I noticed that their is an option to add a shortcut to the desk top and below this is the option to add a shortcut to the programs.  This second one is a check box that I unchecked on install.  Is this the reason that it did not show in the all programs list.  Is that what the second checkbox is for??

That would be why you don't have it in the Start Menu.

Second question, I noticed that when I run CCleaner it changes the homepage on IE I had replaced the original with.  Why is this.  Is their a way for CCleaner to leave the homepage I want in IE as is?

Thanks, any further help with these two questions would be appreciated.

KM1

What is it changing your homepage too? Almost sounds more like the behavior of a hijacker than CCleaner.

That would be why you don't have it in the Start Menu.

What is it changing your homepage too?  Almost sounds more like the behavior of a hijacker than CCleaner.

Tarun,

I was improperly selecting my default page in IE internet options. It had nothing to do with CCleaner. Took a while to figure out, but thanks for your response.

KM1