Overwriting methods

Sockdown

What are the patterns used in the overwriting methods CCleaner provide? I've been searching for info, but haven't found anything specific. I've read somewhere about 0's, 1's and random, the Peter Gutmann 35 passes consisting of 4 randoms, 27 specific and 4 more random passes. But, I can't find anything about the patterns used in the 3 DoD and 7 NSA passes. Sorry if this is not the right forum to ask, but, it was the one that made more sense.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (3-pass standard): A three-pass wipe. The 1st pass writes all 0's to the drive, the 2nd pass writes all 1's to the drive and the 3rd pass writes a random pattern.

example: 0000 0000, followed by 1111 1111, then 1001 0111.

U.S. DoD 5220-22.M (7-pass standard): A seven-pass wipe using random characters, complements of characters, and random data streams.

couldn't find too much info on the 7 pass

there's a program called Eraser, it's pretty cool, you can make your own overwriting methods, choosing exactly what character patterns you want, how many passes, ect.. it's fun to play around with. B)

it deletes any files/folders you want on your PC, and can also overwrite all unused disk space on your hard drive