Need an Application Mover

Tom AZ

I'm looking for a good application mover to be able to move an app from one drive to another. I don't have the original install disc and need to move an app to another drive. Any thoughts?

well, as far as i know, this is impossible, because many apps write to the following things:

• Registry
  • windows directory
  • system directory
  • programfiles directory
  • commonfiles directory
  • ini-files

To be able to find all of these just for (just an example) microsoft office would be a nightmare, because these all would need to be searched for and if necessary changed.

yeah, what eagle00789 said.. unfortunately, it's not as simple as just moving a folder..

what program is it? is it freeware? i'm sure you can find/download it from the internet

even if it's not freeware, you can still probably find it on p2p file sharing programs like LimeWire, BearShare, ect.

since you already own the software, it's not illegal to download it onto another system

I used to have a program that would do just that. It was packaged with an uninstaller (Cleansweep, I think), and I think it was written by Norton or Symantec. It would move any aplication, without the need to reinstall.