change bootskin

• Moderators

I have no idea how to do this 1200, but I think all the info you need is here, although check the date of the article, because I've no idea if the process has changed in the ensuing time.

Link:

I would say, that everything I've seen about this process emphasises the risks involved, so good luck.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators

I think sometimes the bootskins will contain a .reg file that will install them for you.

I know there was a version of luna element 5.1 on deviant art that contained a bootskin that worked that way.

[edit] That link Dennis posted already mentions this program [/edit]

Have you tried using the free 'bootskin' program: http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

Stardock BootSkin is a program that allows users to change their Windows 2000 and Windows XP boot screens.

Unlike other programs that can change the Windows XP boot screens, BootSkin does so in a safe manner. It doesn't patch the Windows XP kernel. Nor does it require the user to download replacement Windows XP kernels to do so.

Boot screens that use BootSkin are typically under 20K compared to other boot screen programs whose files are over 2 MEGABYTES.

And best of all, BootSkin is free for non-commercial use.

Edited by fireryone

fireryone