Foxit PDf Reader and IE7

Anthony A

I use Foxit to view PDF files. I like how it opens out side the browser for Firefox and Opera. In IE7 and opens in the browser. I hate this. You don't get the same features this way. Many tool bar buttons and features that are available in Foxit when you view a file out side the browser and directly in Foxit are not there when you have Foxit open in the browser. I have gone over to the Foxit forum and registered but there is a wait while your registration is moderated so I can't get any answers over there yet. Is there a way to stop IE7 from opening PDF files directly in the browser with Foxit. I want to click on a link and have it launch Foxit in a separate window like it does in Firefox and Opera.

I was searching the Foxit forum for this and it's a joke. There is the side that wants browser integration and don't have it for Firefox and Opera. Than there is the side that don't want browser integration and want to disable it in IE. Foxit comes with IE integration but not Firefox or Opera.

• Moderators

Personally I wish it would open in a new tab in firefox/opera. Just one less window open.

Anyway the only thing I can think to tell you is to instead of clicking on links to pdf files right click them and save them to your computer and then open them.

Personally I wish it would open in a new tab in firefox/opera. Just one less window open.

Anyway the only thing I can think to tell you is to instead of clicking on links to pdf files right click them and save them to your computer and then open them.

Yeah that is a hassle though. They are going to be adding a plugin for Firefox and Opera and be including an option to disable the IE plug in if you want. Apparently there is already a plugin out for Firefox but it requires some configuring. Look at their forum there is a few threads about it.

Do you notice when Foxit opens a PDF in IE that many options/features are missing compared to when you Open Foxit alone in another window? Like full screen and the annotation tools?