Uninstalling Windows Live Messenger (completely)

Sonu

I've uninstalled it, yet the problems that I have keep coming up -- not really problems, just that MSN doesn't keep people's display names when they sign-out (it goes back to their display name that they had a couple of months ago) or it changes my display picture when I disconnect (which is frequent -- wireless). Anyway, like I said I've uninstalled it, but it still keeps my settings (like display picture and everything). I want a clean wipe and then a fresh install -- anyone know how?

Thanks.

Live messenger has a setting for saving your display image and comments so it will be the same if you log in

at home or work (basically, saved to the Microsoft server), so try un-checking the option in settings

somewhere (will require re-installing, get the new one if you don't see the checkbox Here (BETA 8.5)).

Your messenger friends will still see your previous username/comment until the next time they see you online...

Unless you find a way to quit your msn account including hotmail it will always remember your username.

fireryone

Ok...I did that (except for downloading the beta), but it's still the same. Like when I reinstalled and opened it, my display picture was still there. Clean install would mean that I'd get that MSN head, instead of my picture, right?

The thing is...let's say someone is online and their msn name is "Jenny - You suck" and she signs off. Then I sign off and sign back in, and when I look at my offline contacts and look at her name it'll say "Jenny - Merry Christmas" (a msn name that she had a couple of months ago). If the same happens on my PC (problem is with my laptop), the msn name stays the same and also when I click on the MSN head beside her, the picture she had will appear. Get it? (confusing...)

It's just annoying. That's all. :(

(only good thing is that i know if people came online since their msn name will change to something different)

Ok...I did that (except for downloading the beta), but it's still the same.

Like when I reinstalled and opened it, my display picture was still there.

Clean install would mean that I'd get that MSN head, instead of my picture, right?

No, maybe if you do a clean install now (since un-checking the box) it might default your display pic...?...

Or it might be cached, or left in a registry entry locally.

The thing is...let's say someone is online and their msn name is "Jenny - You suck" and she signs off.

Then I sign off and sign back in, and when I look at my offline contacts and look at her name it'll say

"Jenny - Merry Christmas" (a msn name that she had a couple of months ago).

If the same happens on my PC (problem is with my laptop), the msn name stays the same and also when

I click on the MSN head beside her, the picture she had will appear. Get it? (confusing...)

Maybe the problem is not on your side, but with their account stored on the msn server which isn't remembering the changes properly. Not much you can do there...

It's just annoying. That's all.

Though if you no longer want to use messenger live just uninstall it and forget about it. :)

fireryone