The Rainbow Grasshoppers

LuLu

I think someone beat us to mating those grasshoppers. :lol: I found these in my backyard today after it rained...And I seriously need a camera with a better zoom..lol

grasshopper5mb3.th.jpg

grasshopper6nl9.th.jpg

grasshopper7or9.th.jpg

grasshopper8gf1.th.jpg

grasshopper9ky9.th.jpg

grasshopper10mi5.th.jpg

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Yeah I thought they were pretty. I wish the neon green ones would come back so I could get some pics of those, but I haven't seen them around here in a few years.

I have a cheapie digital camera that doesn't have meany features. So needless to say I haven't figured out how to do a close up on a subject and have it come out crisp. I just need a new camera I think. lol

I have a cheapie digital camera that doesn't have meany features. So needless to say I haven't figured out how to do a close up on a subject and have it come out crisp. I just need a new camera I think. lol

Its not the zoom thats the problem, for really close up pics like that you need a macro function (usually sybolised on the camera with a flower symbol like this one). Most cameras, even alot of cheapo ones, will have this (either as a button or selectable in a menu) so have a check ;)

Yup. My brother gave me this one as a Christmas present a couple years ago. It's served me well, that's for sure. Even when I get a new one, I'll probably still use it from time to time. Thanks for the tip about the macro stuff. :)

• Moderators

I never cease to be amazed by the colours of insects, and your pics are great Lulu. The colours are really unusual.

I think you're gonna have to catch one of those guys, :o and put him under a glass. But make sure you put him under the open end. :P

I think someone beat us to mating those grasshoppers. :lol:

Probably JDs parrot.

Edit: Forgot to ask, what else do you have creeping and slithering around your garden?

Worse still, what do you find wandering about your house? :huh:

I never cease to be amazed by the colours of insects, and your pics are great Lulu. The colours are really unusual.

Thank you. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one fascinated by this stuff. lol I can honestly say that's the first time I've seen those colors on grasshoppers around here. I guess we should thank JD and his parrot for contributing. lol

I think you're gonna have to catch one of those guys, :o and put him under a glass. But make sure you put him under the open end. :P

hahaha :lol::P

Edit: Forgot to ask, what else do you have creeping and slithering around your garden?

Worse still, what do you find wandering about your house? :huh:

Ugh, we have all kinds of stuff roaming around. lol Racoons, roof rats (usually only in the winter), sometimes we have water spiders in the pool after a good rain, all kinds of frogs and toads, little teeny tiny smaller-than-a-dime snails, all sorts of snakes, other weird bugs that I don't know the names of, cadydid beetles (not sure if that's the correct spelling); it's a regular wildlife preserve out there sometimes. lol

As for in the house, since this is Florida we do have the occasional cockroach. Big buggers too. If you throw a brick at them, they'll throw it right back. :lol::lol: