Firefox update

JDPower

Firefox 2.0.0.4 changes: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.4/releasenotes/

Firefox 1.5.0.12 changes: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/releases/1.5.0.12.html

Surprised to see that FF 1.5 support period has been extended. IIRC support was due to end in april, now theres a new version and a note saying support will now end June. Must still have alot of 1.5 users out there (not just me :D )

EDIT: Having just updated my FF1.5 you do now get a FF2 nag screen instead of the usual 'Firefox has been updated':

Firefox has been Updated

?but this isn?t the latest version of Firefox.

The browser you just downloaded is not the most current version of Firefox. To make sure you have access to the latest security protection, new features and technical support, we strongly recommend that you download a free copy of the most up-to-date Firefox version today.

If it's crashed on me...it did once..... ever....

However, my IE 7 will randomly just close...I'll click a link after being on it for like 10 minutes, and then out of no where, it will just close, without any sort of warning.

AJ

What is the point of holding on to version 1.5.0.x???

I never figured that one out? Can you inform me?

Theres nothing to figure out really:

FF1.5 works fine for me.

FF2 doesn't have any features that make me want to rush to install it.

I initially waited for any FF2 bugs to be ironed out.

My FF installation has a couple of minor problems so I want to do a completely clean install of FF2 and I just haven't got round to it.

• Moderators

Just auto updated to the latest version 2.0.0.4 to find it's not compatible with Java 6.

Thankfully, Java is something I don't use very often, (as opposed to Java Script), and I keep it disabled unless I really need to use it.

Definitely disabled now. :)

After the update/restart of firefox, it scans addons/extensions.

It finds Java 6 incompatible, firerfox can't find an update for it either so it gets disabled.

fireryone

• Moderators
I didn't run into that problem dennis. :huh:

Did you get an error message or something or do I just not know java isn't working. :P

Yep, just as fireryone says above.

or do I just not know java isn't working.

I'm saying nothing. :rolleyes: