Change in .dll files?

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

I just scanned, and having the short attention span that I have.. I clicked out of what I wanted to see (and I don't feel like running another scan to find it), but when I scanned with AVG Anti-Virus it said that two .dll files were changed. I think it was like user.dll and system32.dll? These could be wrong.. but that really isn't the point. It was two system .dll files that had been "changed" according to AVG. I could not quarantine them however.. so I don't know what I should do. This has never happened before, and as I'm pretty sure this is not a threat I would like to know if anyone has an explanation. Thanks!

This happens often in AVG. It happens after Microsoft updates or some other changes you make on the machine. AVG is just letting you know that there was a change but it is not an infection. To get the changes to stop appearing on a scan you need to do a "system scan". Launch the "Test Center" and go to the main menu at the top and select "tests". Than select "scan system areas". You can also use the short cut F3. When this scan runs you will get pop up dialog boxes notifying you of the changes. Select "allow changes" and the changes will not appear again in your scans. Of course the next time you change something or a MS update does you will see the changes listed again in the AVG scan results but than just follow the instructions I gave to accept them again. I have done this about 5 times now. Mostly after MS updates. Here is a link to the AVG forum and a thread about it. The mod explains it a little better. There are many threads on the forum about it. http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php...97087#msg-97087