Computer Dummy Question

KS-FINN

Windows 2000 and windows xp are 2 different operating systems. If your using xp home(which I presume you are) than your using a 32bit version of windows.

Your correct I'm using XP Home Edtion and your also correct I am using a 32bit version. The way I found this out for sure is I went to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Components>Display. This gave me the information that I needed. It read Bits/Pixel 32.

I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.!! I'm really happy wih this Forum because when ever I have a problem I can always post my issue and It always gets resolved. Even if I don't have a issue I like to log in every day and find out what's going on. Very informative and I learn alot but as you can tell I have a long long way to go but thanks to great people like you it makes things much easier for me. :)

• Moderators
The way I found this out for sure is I went to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Components>Display. This gave me the information that I needed. It read Bits/Pixel 32.

That only shows what your display resolution is set at, it has nothing to do with your Windows version.

I don't know if the 64-bit version of XP displays anything or not about being 64-bit however a "possible" way to find out is to do the following:

1. Click Start, Run, and type in: winver

2. Then click OK.

That only shows what your display resolution is set at, it has nothing to do with your Windows version.

I don't know if the 64-bit version of XP displays anything or not about being 64-bit however a "possible" way to find out is to do the following:

1. Click Start, Run, and type in: winver

2. Then click OK.

I called HP Technical Support and through them I found out that I have a 32 bit. Thanks for your reply.! ;)