Passwords and IDs

JoeM

I'm not knowledgeable regarding "code arounds" and the like. All I'd like to know is which box to uncheck so I can keep my saved passwords and IDs. When I run CC my save passwords and IDs are wiped out.

Thanks,

JoeM

• Moderators

Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum.

Passwords etc are usually kept in cookies.

After logging on to the sites in question, close them down again, open CCleaner and select "Analyze". Then go to "Options\Cookies" and look for the cookies relevant to those sites in the "Cookies To Delete" window, and move them across to the "Cookies To Keep" window.

If not there, they could be "Flash Cookies", or settings.sol files, which are kept usually in the following locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\EJR7ZWV7

and

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Note, the bold highlighted number is a salted number, and will differ on your PC.

If here, you can add these locations to "CCleaner\Options\Exclude, and add folder, or file.

Alternatively, you could uncheck the cookies box in whichever browser you use, and you may also have to uncheck the Adobe Flash and Macromedia boxes as well. This isn't the best way as you are leaving a lot of cookies on your PC to save only a few.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Piriform Joe.

I think that problem is pretty obvious but I've been using it for a long while. Thats another reason for having a true help file installed with CC Dennis, not online help. This as been talked about before. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Thank heavens for that.

That's one of my finely honed answers, and Keith wants to take away the question.

Gimme a break. :lol:

I'm taking nothing away from your finely honed answer Dennis it was perfect. All I'm say is the help file should be included in the installation package. It isn't that big 65Kb how it that going to overload the package?. I've had this question before with Andavari and he agrees. I which case if Joe had read the help he would have known the answer. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
I'm taking nothing away from your finely honed answer Dennis it was perfect. All I'm say is the help file should be included in the installation package. It isn't that big 65Kb how it that going to overload the package?. I've had this question before with Andavari and he agrees. I which case if Joe had read the help he would have known the answer. ;)

I'm inclined to agree with your observations Keith, but I couldn't resist a leg pull. Put too much info in the installation package, and I'll be wandering around here twiddling my thumbs. :D