How to UNinstall CCleaner?

Adela

Hello, someone kindly help me so I can go to "Tools", then "Uninstall" and THEN to "Save to Text File".

I tried and found that "Tools" doesn't have the optiion of "Uninstall". But then, I don't know on which page is this Tools that has the option of Uninstall...

My original intent is to install the CCleaner (I did this much), then go to Tools, Uninstall, and click on "save to text file", and then someone told me to help me determine which items can be removed.

All I need at this junction, is to get to the first steps. Thanks so very much! Adela

• Moderators

Hi, make sure you have the latest version.(I cant remember when that was added..)

Then press tools on the left side of the screen and then look on the right and you should see the button that says save to text file. :)

If you still dont see it I'll post a screenshot for you. :)

Hi, make sure you have the latest version.(I cant remember when that was added..)

Then press tools on the left side of the screen and then look on the right and you should see the button that says save to text file. :)

If you still dont see it I'll post a screenshot for you. :)

Oh thank you so much, rridgely! I finally found it. For the last 2 entire days I kept clicking on the regular Tools and other places I was hoping I'd find it. You're the only one who explained it in a way that my little dummy head could get it! LOL! May I ask one last question to complete my goal:

In order to get the log so that someone where I asked before could analyze and tell me what's safe to delete, do I have to re-install the CCleaner and run it again? Or the fact that I have it already installed is sufficien to just go to "Save to Text File"?

I guess you can tell that my IQ on hi tech is "0"... Thanks again ever so much! Adela

No, that log isn't actually uninstalling CCleaner. Its just saving a text file of all the things installed on your computer.

To show it to someone you just copy and paste it. :)

Oh I understand now, but it doesn't let me copy & paste the list. Or do you mean to copy that name: "history.txt"? I tried but it doesn't let me paste it on, either...

I'm sorry, but could you tell me this mystery of how to copy & paste that list please? :(

Thanks so much again! Adela

P.S. I think this hi tech is going to finish me!

• Moderators

ok, after you press the button that says save to text file you need to choose to save that file to your desktop and press ok. Then you will see the file on your desktop(default name is install). That is the text file the person is asking your for I assume.

Oh YES!!! Thank you a hundred times! I didn't realize there was dropdown list on top, so I could finally do that blessed "copy and paste" and send it to my friend! My face is totally red...but I'm gratefully happy! :) Adela

P.S. It seems the system failed to notify me for some reason, so out of desperation I decided to come and see, and was elated to find your final instructions right on target.

HAPPY EASTER - HAPPY PASSOVER!