PCtools firewall bug

Humpty

The new PCtools FW was working fine here till the "ARP" bug kicked in which disallows any connection to the net.

I have had to allow all connections for my ethernet card to get back on the net.

This a known bug that they have known about for a week or so and still no fix. :angry:

Tried to download version 1 but even though a lot of links offer the earlier version they all point to version 2.

Link to bug topic

hdavid:We have identified a problem in our NDIS driver regarding ARP packets that could cause disconnection for some users; we will issue a fix ASAP.

Thanks you guys for your valuable information it is very helpful.

Why oh why didn't I hang on to version 1 installer which I usually do. :(

• Moderators

No problem. :)

I hope they get this fixed soon, I really liked all of the new stuff in V2.

I didn't know about the bug though because I have ZA Pro(actually the whole suite) on my laptop, and don't use anything on my desktops.

If anyone else mentions not being able to find it, just copy that link over to them. :)

• Moderators

Alright, the deal with the ZA suite is that it might honestly be the best one available, but it slows down start up a little.(which is annoying for me because I'm constantly wipping out my laptop for quick 10 minute things) but I've found that its much less of an issue if I have it not start up with windows and only run it when I'm not at home.(behind my router firewall)

The AV in the suite is Kaspersky(big plus) and the Firewall is rock solid and probably the best out of any of them. The only problem is if you have the whole suite running ram usage can get up there.(but you have a brand new beast of a computer, so you wont mind. :P) My laptop is no slouch either so it runs really smoothly.

If you don't mind waiting say 30 seconds longer for start up then by all means go for it. :)