Any answer to this problem?

New_Age

Hi,

I bought the COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case and my MoBo wouldn't turn on. I tried different power supplies and still no go. I think it's a grounding Issue with the MoBo Tray. I tried mounting the MoBo back to my old case and it works just fine. New Power supply works great and no problems. The new case has been looked at by a friend of my step-dad and he said it's probably a gronding Issue. He didn't state that it was fixiable but it probably is. I called up are near comp. store and they said they'll charge $35 (Which is fair) and they said they'll try fixing the Issue. I was a bit upset though. It's a nice case but it doesn't like my MicroATX MoBo :(

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I think I may have found the problem. It's of course the MoBo Tray within the case. Design is trouble but there's a fix (Easy fix that is).

All I need are those... plastic mounts for MoBo Trays which I believe the Computer Store I'm taking my comp. to will provide.

What the MoBo Tray is doing... it's Short circuiting the MoBo but not to the point to damaging it or anything. It's a more common to rare problem.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8