My first digital photography

DennisD

• Moderators
DennisD: This striking photo is from a friend of mine, hope you enjoy it. :)

That's a nice pic.

The American Bald Eagle I do believe, and this is gonna sound really boring, but I was watching a tv prog about these guys the other night, and learned that the name apparently comes from the word used to describe the contrasting colours of a particular breed of horse. Piebald.

Told you it was boring, but you never know, there may come a time when you can casually drop that bit of useless information into a conversation.

And before anyone tells me. Yep, I should get out more. :P

Piebald, huh? Knew of the breed, didn't know of the connection. Learned something today. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I`m always looking for interesting, stunning, unusual, or even bizarre photographs or art on the web, and over the last few months Ive found a bit of everything.

Found a lot of HRGiger type art, and lots of good pics on sites like rridgelys recent Cool Pics thread.

For a change, I thought I would post a few of my own that I took back in July last year, shortly after buying my first digital camera. I was looking after my sons two dogs at the time.

All of the pics were taken using the macro close up mode, and they show the detail and clarity you can get with an average Compact Digital Camera.

The first two are taken in his garden. Second two are something else entirely.

This thing jumped across the kitchen bench in front of me, and I nearly had a heart attack, I managed to catch it under a pint glass, which gives you an idea of it`s size. But apart from being scary, it`s actually stunning to look at.

For the nature lovers out there, I released it alive at the bottom of his garden.

First Picture: Second Picture: Third Picture: Fourth Picture:

I hope you like them, and have a look at the detail in full size, especially of the thing in the pint glass.

I know what it is, but don`t want to spoil the surprise. :o

:)

The photo's are very good-what camera did you use? And can you help me regarding a scan?

I'm a newbie and I've just down loaded CC and ran a scan; it found 228 mb to be cleaned. Almost every box was checked off for scanning (the default scan). I'm to scared to delete files, though very tempted. Should I have unchecked certain boxes like the windows files? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

PS I"m new to posting too, would I find a response in my inbox or right here? Sorry!

• Moderators
The photo's are very good-what camera did you use? And can you help me regarding a scan?

I'm a newbie and I've just down loaded CC and ran a scan; it found 228 mb to be cleaned. Almost every box was checked off for scanning (the default scan). I'm to scared to delete files, though very tempted. Should I have unchecked certain boxes like the windows files? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

PS I"m new to posting too, would I find a response in my inbox or right here? Sorry!

Hi Tradeology, and welcome to the forum.

The camera was a Nikon Coolpix 7600. Details here if your interested.

With regards to a scan, although it may look quite daunting at first, CCleaner is a safe program to use in the default mode.

As long as you stay clear of the advanced settings, you should have no problems cleaning everything ticked.

A beginners guide is available here, and is worth reading.

If you want more detailed advice concerning the use of CCleaner, even if just for your peace of mind, post a question anytime in CCleaner Discussion and you will get expert advice from there.

Hope this helps.

:)