Issues not deleting, even after dial-a-fix

Ray007

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time post.

Inspite of multiple runnings of CC Cleaner "Issues" there is always one issue left unrepaired. It concerns an obsolete Regkey entry. Reading through the posts here, I tried Hazel's (Hazelnut's) suggestion to use Dial-a-fix. Unfortunately, after using it to change my Repair Permissions, CC Cleaner still does not repair the obsolete Regkey entry, so I am for now, back to square one.

Any helpful ideas / suggestions would be most gratefully received!

Kind Regards,

Ray

You can edit the Registry-with great care-to remove the Key. WARNING-Editing the Registry is Dangerous! You do so at your own risk. If by some chance the key is linked to an active program, you may not be able to do this without causing damage to something else.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time post.

Inspite of multiple runnings of CC Cleaner "Issues" there is always one issue left unrepaired. It concerns an obsolete Regkey entry. Reading through the posts here, I tried Hazel's (Hazelnut's) suggestion to use Dial-a-fix. Unfortunately, after using it to change my Repair Permissions, CC Cleaner still does not repair the obsolete Regkey entry, so I am for now, back to square one.

Any helpful ideas / suggestions would be most gratefully received!

Kind Regards,

Ray

I have a similar issue with 2 registry entries, as described

in this post (without answers) i send some months ago.

Old Message

:unsure:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

You can edit the Registry-with great care-to remove the Key. WARNING-Editing the Registry is Dangerous! You do so at your own risk. If by some chance the key is linked to an active program, you may not be able to do this without causing damage to something else.

Many thanks for this suggestion. Although I am aware that I can indeed edit the Registry directly, to be honest I am concerned that my expertise (or lack thereof) may do more harm than good, so I don't think it's for me :huh:

Ray

For example, CCleaner detects one F-Secure Internet Security 2006-2007 component as a bad entry and will give option to remove it. But after removing it and rebooting, it usually comes back because FSIS creates it again. Removing this entry at start isn't recommended tough, and your entries may be something like this. It's best to keep these few untouched, because after all, they can't do anything bad here either. Leave them alone?