Hotfix Uninstallers

housema

I was told about CCleaner a few months ago and downloaded it. I think it's a great tool. My question is regardin the Hotfix Unistallers (HFU) in the Advanced option. After I ran CCleaner I decided to check the HFU box on the second scan. I was amazed to see that I had approximately 300 mb of HFU. Can someone advise me whether I should delete them. Would it cause any problems with my computer if I do so? Thank you for your support. Housema.

I was told about CCleaner a few months ago and downloaded it. I think it's a great tool. My question is regardin the Hotfix Unistallers (HFU) in the Advanced option. After I ran CCleaner I decided to check the HFU box on the second scan. I was amazed to see that I had approximately 300 mb of HFU. Can someone advise me whether I should delete them. Would it cause any problems with my computer if I do so? Thank you for your support. Housema.
many people at the board have said that there should be no problems uninstalling the Hotfix Uninstallers. However, you should be aware that if you do so, if you ever needed to uninstall a hotfix after doing this you wouldn't be able to. As has been pointed out elsewhere, as these tend to be crucial updates it's not likely that you would need to ever uninstall the hotfix anyway.

I haven't deleted the HFU's but as I have 60GB of free space left it's not really a pressing problem, even though I could free up about 500Mb of space. I suppose it depends on how much free space you have as much as anything else.

• Moderators

Why not all Hotfix Uninstallers are being deleted.

Quoting MrG:

I spoke to Microsoft about this issue, and we decided the safest option was to only remove definite Hotfix uninstallers (with a "KB" in the string), as many other programs are now putting their uninstallers in this location.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key