Options Cookies Selectmode

Ernst

Yes, I'm a fresh user.

Windows XP, Internet Explorer 7.

Problem and question:

the screen in Options-Cookies doesn't fill up with a list of cookies to select those, I don't want to get deleted.

What may be the cause of this?

Thanks for advising help,

friendly,

Ernst

CCleaner sometimes doesn't "see" cookies which existed before CCleaner was installed or upversioned. If you can see newer cookies, that's the explanation.

You should be able to export a copy of the cookies, clean and copy them back. If that doesn't work, you'll have to recreate the cookies by going to the websites.

EDIT: I've only tried the "copy back" in IE6.

They will appear after you visit the site yo wish to save

Hi Mike,

it realy seems to be like that.......thanks.

But funny; there's a delay of several hours before showing up and above, not all cookies

of visited sites are shown. Strange, it looks like CCleaner is "selfthinking and moderating".

I'll wait in patience what happens.

All good for you,

Ernst

The Netherlands.

CCleaner sometimes doesn't "see" cookies which existed before CCleaner was installed or upversioned. If you can see newer cookies, that's the explanation.

You should be able to export a copy of the cookies, clean and copy them back. If that doesn't work, you'll have to recreate the cookies by going to the websites.

EDIT: I've only tried the "copy back" in IE6.

Hi Glenn,

it realy seems to be like that.......thanks.

It doesn't work to paste a copy of cookies in the screen or to import them in any way.

It's not so important at all I think; my computer did work perfectly for many years with more than 14000 cookies on it. So I thought; "How to get rid of it on a safe way?"

But funny; there's a delay of several hours before showing up and above, not all cookies

of visited sites are shown. Strange, it looks like CCleaner is "selfthinking and moderating".

I'll wait in patience what happens.

All good for you,

Ernst

The Netherlands.

But funny; there's a delay of several hours before showing up and above, not all cookies of visited sites are shown.
That's probably because the cookies that are changed by your visit to the site (often when you logout of the site) are effectively new. Some cookies change every visit, others only change if you save a setting, others never seem to change. I believe you'll find the Date Modified on the cookies CCleaner now sees will all be after your CCleaner install date while those that CCleaner still can't see will be earlier.