"the Memory Could Not Be Written" Crash After Scan

BinaryFragger

I get the following error message after scanning my 200GB Maxtor drive using Recuva 1.01.0.017:

---------------------------

recuva.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c81e64c" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

OK Cancel

system specs:

Windows Server 2003 SP1 32-bit (build 5.2.3790.1830), fully-patched

DirectX 9.0c 4.09.00.0904

ASUS K8V-MX motherboard

AMI BIOS version 1009.002 (08/03/2005)

AMD Sempron 2600+ processor

1024MB PC3200 RAM

Maxtor 6L200PO ATA harddrive, 200GB, 7200RPM, 8MB buffer (NTFS file system), 41GB free

Samsung SP0822N ATA harddrive, 80GB, 7200RPM, 2MB buffer (NTFS file system), 53GB free

I only get the error message when I scan the Maxtor drive (I just deleted a 700MB file from the drive). Scanning the Samsung drive worked fine, which took 9.844 seconds and found 12418 files. They'res no error log in the Recuva directory.

Same issue but with 2 drives and one is a samsung and another is a maxtor. No it's not the brand or model of the drive.. We pretty much determined from my other thread that it's the amount of files found on the drive. The next version may fix the issue. Until than you could use a program like eraser to delete old files.. so that it can be used to recover newer files that you need to recover. I myself will hold off so that my 70K plus files found can be used to determine if the next release fixes the issue or not.

• Moderators

Here is the only catch with recovering files. Not many know or think about it...

Don't delete anymore files or restart your PC. When you do that, it will override the files have deleted awhile back, and maybe come unrecoverable.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key