Gmail-default Email Account

How do i go about setting up my Gmail account as my default email? Specifically, when i click on a link on a webpage (for instance to send an email that you want a reply from), how do i get it to send from my gmail, rather than my outlook account? I never use the outlook, but it always comes up. anyone know this one?

thanks all! :)

So I assume that thunderbird is useless for importing my hotmail accounts?

I currently have 17 gmail, 1 outlook, 2 hotmail, 1 yahoo, and 2 accounts from my ip that i would like to have all come to one central location for me to check. Can thunderbird do this? I don't know what i am doing wrong. hmmmmm.

Thunderbird will be able to be used for your 17 gmail accounts, it will work for your Outlook account, and it will work for your 2 ISP accounts.

It might work for your Yahoo account, (this has always been debatable, I use Thunderbird to check my Yahoo accounts, but others always say you need the paid for Yahoo).

It will definitely not work for your Hotmail account, (at least that is the case for me).

Anyway, 17 gmail accounts????????

lol! yes 17-i use them for different things-work related, personal, computer forums, chat, registration for products-basically keep it mixed up so if i have a problem in a certain area, i dont have to go to 100 different sites and change my email settings. :)

So how is it all going with setting Thunderbird up to use all those accounts?

Here is some help about setting Thunderbird up with Gmail, just to get you started:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13285

Edit,

The added bonus is, you will be able to use Thunderbird's junk mail settings to avoid all the spam that you might be getting.

well that link you gave me is helping me get a bit closer-but im still having problems. trouble is im trying to barbecue my food for the week, im renovating my kitchen, and playing on the computer while trying to keep the kids entertained while my wife is at work today. :)