Acronis

XPSP2

Has anyone here used Acronis Disk Director? I did a forum search and only got results for one entry, all others were related to Acronis True Image. I am thinking of purchasing the program, but am a little leery even of trying this trial version I have until I get some input. I am prepared to do a re-install of OS if necessary, but that takes two days normally and this time I would have to learn how to create partitions before the install.

Thanks,

XPSP2

Never mind, here is the last e-mail I sent them.

“The problem is that Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 can not resize your system partition.”

Yes, and that is what I wish to do.

I generally check for updates and do a disk fragmentation and also do the check desk for errors once a week, as part of my regular maintenance, but at a minimum once a month. This past Sunday was the last time I did so.

“Please install the below update and see whether the problem persists.”

Well, I’m sorry, but I don’t have any more time to waste on this project, to see if the problem persists. By the time I finish doing that, I may as well have started right from scratch. Had I started from scratch, I would already be done, I would have what I wanted and I would still have my paper and ink. Besides, if another problem persists, and my computer goes down as a result, I have to go to a friend’s house to send you an e-mail because the College is locking its doors this Friday to do a major overhaul on the intranet, go back the next day, look for a response, if it is there, do your suggestion, and if it requires an update, my computers down, I cannot do an update or anything else until I do a fresh install. So my conclusion is that may as well start from scratch, take two days to do it as opposed to the four more days minimum it would take if I tried your method and then still had to do my method giving me a total of six days for the project which should have taken two days (one day = 8 hours).

I have never heard of un-installing a serial number how do I do this?

Thank-you, Ivan, for your personal efforts regarding this matter and your quick responses to my emails.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Sir Sandford Fleming College

Peterborough, Ontario

Canada

Here is the official Acronis help forum.

Acronis link

Thank-you for the link. I have been going through the posts and it has finalized my decision not to buy Acronis. However, it has turned me on to a program called "BING" that people on that site are talking about. Apparently it is easy to use, reliable and their support site is supposed to be excellent, including video tutorials.

Thanks again,

XPSP2

Thank-you for the link. I have been going through the posts and it has finalized my decision not to buy Acronis. However, it has turned me on to a program called "BING" that people on that site are talking about. Apparently it is easy to use, reliable and their support site is supposed to be excellent, including video tutorials.

Thanks again,

XPSP2

BING=BootIt NG=BootIt Next Generation