Ever p****d off by msi installer?

wgan

Yes, I tried to install openoffice 2.1 tonight, it turned out a error message said that it cannot read openoffice.msi at \windows\installer blah blah... at the end of the installation, also, the silly message still came out when I uninstalled openoffice 2.0, then I searched through the OOoforum found this little toy:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

it called windows installer cleanup (as u see, it's from ms themselves), and it works pretty well, all the installer rubbish kept in the database are now wiped off, nice and easy, just choose a invalid entry then click remove, you will need it one day I suppose:) good luck!

ps. attention, this is not a uninstaller, instead, it cleans the msi database in your sys, much like a registry cleaner, do not use it for normal uninstallation unless the program cannot be uninstalled properly by it's own uninstaller.

Funnily enough I just used that the other day to remove the add/remove entry for an old version of Flash. Decided to keep it, I'm sure it'll come in handy again at some point.

Incidentally OO 2.1 wouldn't install over 2.0 for me either.

I like the MSI installer. NSIS and InnoSetup is good too. What installer pisses me off is InstallShield

I installed OpenOffice 2.1 today, it worked perfect. Though, I uninstalled OpenOffice 2.0.4 before I installed 2.1, but thats just common knowledge todo. :)

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png