URGENT SECURITY CONCERN

drew

While at home I share my c drive on my laptop across my network to access it through my desktop. I do this by opening up the port on my router through my firewall. I forgot that I had my drive shared and I have been using laptop at a hotel for past week and a dell support popup comes up saying everyone can see my files.

Another thing of note is that I just installed comodo firewall last week and had not configured it at home for my file sharing, so does that mean it should be protecting my computer already from unwanted intrusions?

Do I have a serious concern here, and if so what is it, and what do I need to do?

• Moderators

So you were file sharing your laptop and your desktop, and now you are at a hotel but you installed a firewall on the house computer before you left but you didn't configure that for the file sharing right?(sorry I just want to make sure) Your home computer should be fine, comodo should be blocking anything that tries to get in.

Did you install comdo on the laptop too? If not then you need to put something on it to keep people off your computer.(its unlikely but possible someone in the hotel would try to get in your pc).

If I got the situation completely wrong please let me know. :D

sorry i didn't explain it very well. i think i just panicked when i got the dell popup and realized my c: drive was shared. i recently installed comodo on my laptop, and i have not configured it for file sharing so i have not allowed access by anyone other than the defaults. so i should be fine right?