UNUSUAL PROBLEM THAT HAS BEEN ANNOYING ME FOR MONTHS

BLOOD

Hopefully someone can help me out. 18 months ago I downloaded "SPYWARE DOCTOR" and it was a descent FREE Program. About10 months ago every time I checked for updates I got the response " Your system is up too date."

Then strange things started happening. :unsure:

When I would RUN a SCAN the results would show :

5 SEVERE THREATS :huh:

All of them part of the main threat which is Trojan.StartPage.GEN

I have attemted to quarantine them, delete them, and then if I run a scan right afterwards "no infections are found.

However if I am on the computer for an hour or 2 and run another scan, "THE EXACT SAME 5 THREATS ARE BACK" [ Trojan.StartPage.GEN ] It really has been pissing me off. :angry:

And if I Re-Boot my system those same 5 threats ALWAYS ARE BACK.

* THE THREAT IS SUPPOSED TO POSSIBLY HIJACK THE INTERNET EXPLORER HOME PAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION, BUT I ALWAYS USED MOZILLA/FIREFOX UNTIL IE7 CAME OUT.

THE STRANGE PART IS MCAFFEE (ANTI-VIRUS) SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY, ADAWARE SE, SPYWARE BLASTER, I HAVE EVEN TRIED AVG ANTI VIRUS (FREE) AND ALSO AVAST (ANTI VIRUS (ALSO FREE)

NO OTHER PROGRAM PICKS UP THESE 5 THREATS, AND I WOULD THINK IT IS A GLICHE IN THEIR SYSTEM, BUT 50 % OF THE TIME I DON'T GET THE THREATS, (A) BECAUSE I PROBABLY REMOVED THEM WITHIN THE LAST HOUR. BUT RE-BOOT THE SYSTEM, RUN A SCAN AND ALL 5 ARE BACK. <_<

AS I SAID I HAVE TRIED QUARANTINING THEM, DELETING THEM WITHOUT HAVING THEN QUARANTINED. BUT I COULD DELETE THEM OR QUARANTINE THEM, THEN RE-BOOT MY SYSTEM RIGHT AWAY, DO ANOTHER SCAN RIGHT AWAY AND ALL SAME 5 THREATS WOULD RETURN.

"SPYWARE DOCTOR" DOE NOT PROVIDE UPDATES TO THE FREE VERSION ANYMORE AND HAS NOT FOR ABOUT A YEAR.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CLUE HOW TO REMOVE THESE 5 THREATS FOR GOOD? :(

IT IS SO FRUSTRATING, ESPECIALLY SINCE NO OTHER ANTI- VIRUS OR SPYWARE, AD-AWARE PROGRAM DETECTS IT!

IT HAS THE WORD "TROJAN" IN IT AND THAT IS WHY I AM SO CONCERNED.

"SPYWARE DOCTOR" MADE BY PC TOOLS I BELIEVE JUST WANTS ME TO PURCHASE THEIR NON-FREE VERSION.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON REMOVING THESE THREATS ONCE AND FOR ALL. :angry:

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEAS EMAIL ME

THANKS,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING :D

----- BRETT

The policy is NOT to email responses as the solution to the infection placed here in the forum to have it available to everyone B)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Hello Blood and welcome to the forums :)

You are not the only one who has, or has had this with spyware doctor, have a read of these 2 links

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,149...s=10~fmode=full

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=110486

P.S may be an idea to edit out your email address, you could be spammed.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com