AVG files

David_L

I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. When I use CCleaner to analyze my system and I have the utilities option checked for analyzing I get a long list of AVG files that CCleaner wants to get rid of but I'm not sure if I should allow them to be cleaned or not. All the files are similar looking to me, but I'm not very proficient at computer nomenclature. All the files have ...\AVGData\upd7bin\u7avi... and after the "u7avi" part the file names differ. For example 823u814ne.bin and 515u514t1.bin as well as an AVG7.log and a history.log, a list of about 16 files in total. There is also an Ad-Aware file "defs.ref.old". Is it OK to go ahead and let CCleaner get rid of all these files? Thanks for any help.

I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. When I use CCleaner to analyze my system and I have the utilities option checked for analyzing I get a long list of AVG files that CCleaner wants to get rid of but I'm not sure if I should allow them to be cleaned or not. All the files are similar looking to me, but I'm not very proficient at computer nomenclature. All the files have ...\AVGData\upd7bin\u7avi... and after the "u7avi" part the file names differ. For example 823u814ne.bin and 515u514t1.bin as well as an AVG7.log and a history.log, a list of about 16 files in total. There is also an Ad-Aware file "defs.ref.old". Is it OK to go ahead and let CCleaner get rid of all these files? Thanks for any help.

They're perfectly fine to clean. The AVG ones are just things like old log files etc (I have AVG and have never had any problems using CCleaner with it). The AdAware one you mentioned is an old spyware definitions file, not needed as you will have a newer definitions file installed.

They're perfectly fine to clean. The AVG ones are just things like old log files etc (I have AVG and have never had any problems using CCleaner with it). The AdAware one you mentioned is an old spyware definitions file, not needed as you will have a newer definitions file installed.

Thanks so much. I let CCleaner do it's thing with the AVG files and the one lone Ad-Aware file. Everything runs fine and CCleaner freed up several megs of space. :)