CCleaner and ZA

alice2

We just ran CCleaner tonight and again got the following in "issues:"

"ISSUES Problem: Invalid Default Icon Data: C;|Program Files\ZoneAlarm\UpdClient.exe,-279 Registry Key: HKCR\ZAMailSafe\DefaultIcon"

We originally experienced this same "Issue" report back on 7/30/06 and we were using ver 6.5.731.000 of ZA Free, I believe. We were told that this 'bug' would be corrected in next update of ZA Free. We now have ZA ver 6.5.737.000, and as I stated above, I received this same exception in the CCleaner (ver 1.33.382) "issues" tonight.

Can someone explain please, as it is quite confusing to us? Is it a 'bug' in CCleaner or in ZA Free?

Thanks, Alice...

im pretty sure it is a bug in ZA, many people get this problem and ZA said it would get fixed in the update.

i too had this problem but no worries.

it simply re-creats itself after its deleted.

ill let you know if ZA ever fixes it :D

im pretty sure it is a bug in ZA, many people get this problem and ZA said it would get fixed in the update.

i too had this problem but no worries. it simply re-creats itself after its deleted. ill let you know if ZA ever fixes it :D

TheFiresInTheSky... Thank you very much. That is what I thought - that it was a ZA 'problem.' It is just a bit confusing when it shows up as an "ISSUE" exception every few weeks.

I would appreciate it if you would let us know when this is fixed.

Alice

http://www.castlecops.com/p831984-Issue_wi...fault_Icon.html

Hi Hoov, In Ccleaner/Issues if you uncheck the ActiveX and Class issues line , you will not get the icon error msg. Hope this clue helps.

I have looked into it, and it appears to be a coding problem. It will get fixed.

hope this sheds some light :D

Thanks again.

I understood the second message (I have looked into it, and it appears to be a coding problem. It will get fixed.)

But could not understand the first message (Hi Hoov, In Ccleaner/Issues if you uncheck the ActiveX and Class issues line , you will not get the icon error msg. Hope this clue helps.).

Are you just waiting to see if ZA fixes it?

Thanks

Alice

its a problem with ZA but if you untick "ActiveX and Class issues line" it will stop it from showing up.

this means its an activeX problem, again, not to big of a thing to be worried about :D