CCleaner repeatedly reports "invalid default icon" for Zone Alarm upd client.

Gumby

CCleaner repeatedly reports "invalid default icon" for Zone Alarm upd client.

Each time I "fix selected issue" the fault is again displayed the next time I check for issues. I have not gone so far as to test if a reboot is required to re-establish this condition but suspect it is.

My question is, has anyone else found a work around for this problem? It does not appear to have any effect on how either ZA or CC behaves but leaves me wondering what's up.

I suspect some setting in Zone Alarm I am not yet familiar with is creating the icon. Why it is invalid beats me.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Gumby

Have you tried running CCleaner more than once? Some issues require more than one scan and fix. Also Zone Alarm may just be recreating the key regardless of how many times you remove it. If that is the case the ultimate fix would be an 'exclude' option in CCleaners issues scanner but this doesn't currently exist.

Have you tried running CCleaner more than once? Some issues require more than one scan and fix. Also Zone Alarm may just be recreating the key regardless of how many times you remove it. If that is the case the ultimate fix would be an 'exclude' option in CCleaners issues scanner but this doesn't currently exist.

Thank you for your ideas JDPower;

It seems as if Zone Alarm indeed is recreating the key. I am presently trying to register at the ZA forum to see if any help is forthcoming from their readers.

If I was sure how to do it I'd try adjusting the key in the registry. But not at this time......;-)

If I find an answer I'll repost here with a conclusion.

Thanks

Gumby

im having the same problem, im pretty sure it just recreats the key right after that.

not too worried about it though.

Ditto;

It's just if something is amiss I lke to clear it up before things compound. As they tend to do. <_<

Thanks for replying

Gumby

Ditto;

It's just if something is amiss I lke to clear it up before things compound. As they tend to do. <_<

Thanks for replying

Gumby

Not to hijack this thread, but I have been seeing the same entry too. It occurs ever time I run the Issues feature.

I posted in another forum under the Zone Alarm topic, and the resident ZA guru says it is a glitch in ZA and should be corrected soon.

Paul

Not to hijack this thread, but I have been seeing the same entry too. It occurs ever time I run the Issues feature.

I posted in another forum under the Zone Alarm topic, and the resident ZA guru says it is a glitch in ZA and should be corrected soon.

Paul

Good to know................Thank you Paul!

I'll sit back and wait for the next update of ZA to resolve it.

Thanks for all the feedback. :)

Gumby

thanks paul, keep us posted if it works or not.

if not, it could be something in ccleaner thats causeing it to falsely detect it as being invalid. :)

Will do....I doubt it will be soon as I doubt it falls under a major glitch that ZA would be too worried about. :rolleyes:

I'm just curious as to why it is being detected in the first place.

BTW, I tried editing the registry, and the entry does return.

Paul