CCleaner Software Updater hangs

6.26.11169 Windows 64 bit.

The scan finds several applications to upgrade.  The list includes Skype, which is not installed on my PC.  It hangs while updating Calibre.  It behaves as though it's running an attended install, but there is no other window open to 'continue' or progress the installation.  It happens ALL THE TIME, so if you'd like me to look for particular task manager details, let me know.

• Moderators

I've had the Skype thing myself even though Skype had been uninstalled.

Looking into it - Skype is now installed as part of Windows, so if/when you uninstall it there are still references to it in the Windows System.
It's those references that Software Updater sees.
I decided that the best thing to do there was reinstall Skype and then simply leave it there and ignore it.  - Just like we all do with a lot of the apps that get automatically installed with Windows but we never use.

The other sounds like an issue we see now and again where the apps' updater wants an extra input or parameter that the Software Updater can't give it.
SU just launches apps own updater, so any extra button click needed that SU can't give it, and that you can't see to click yourself, will cause the update to hang waiting for something.
In those cases it's best to treat SU as just a notification that there is an update available, don't try and update it from SU and do the update from within the application itself, or from it's webpage.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Keep getting logged out of websites? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/67601-saved-passwords/#comment-349999

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043