Recuva Recovery Issue

Mution

Good Morning, yesterday I managed to find a large amount of recoverable files from an external HD (:F) after a deep scan, however when I clicked select all to recover and gave the location to restore to a separate External HD (:G) recuva completed the action and in file (:G) showed all the files however I was unable to open 99% of them . I thought it might be just a problem with the program I was trying to view the files in as on the recuva preview all the images were showing and also marked as excellent. I disconnected (:G) to see if I could get them to load on another laptop. Upon loading (:G) was completely empty… I took (:G) back to the original source and plugged it in again no files are showing.

I have attempted to rescan but now recuva is showing the same files as unrecoverable which is extremely frustrating. 

Do I have any hope or is all now lost due to a recuva error?

Edited by Mution

I'm having the same issue with the files not being recognised after recovery. Just paid for the pro version hoping it would sort the issue but it hasn't. Absolute waste of money and will have to leave a negative review. Doesn't do what it states it can do

• Moderators
8 hours ago, DaniMc said:

I'm having the same issue with the files not being recognised after recovery. Just paid for the pro version hoping it would sort the issue but it hasn't. Absolute waste of money and will have to leave a negative review. Doesn't do what it states it can do

Not all files are recoverable.  Depending on the length of time since the deletion, the amount the drive has been used/overwritten, and many other factors, recovery may not work.  This is not a flaw in the program, just a truth about recovery.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com