CCleaner only works on Administrator Account

asmilwho

On my machine CCleaner can only be run as "administrator" and then it only cleans the administrator accounts. Running CCleaner in normal user accounts causes CCleaner to crash.

Which is strange, because it worked properly until I upgraded to v132

Running CCleaner in normal user account with "run as ... administrator" only cleans the administrator account.

I have upgraded, downgraded, completely new installed with no improvements.

System:

Win XP Pro SP2 (German) with windows updated as of 15/9

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Running CCleaner in normal user accounts causes CCleaner to crash.

It *may* crash if the user couldnt access a file or the registry, but I'm not sure. So, maybe you should log in as the Administrator and give the user accounts Administrative rights. Then log into one, clean, then go back and re-restrict the accounts.

Running CCleaner in normal user account with "run as ... administrator" only cleans the administrator account.

I'm no expert, but when you "Run as Administrator" wouldnt that have to clean the Administrator account?

Because when you do that it runs it as if you were logged on as the Administrator, right?

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo, thanks for the ideas.

I tried changing the normal account to an administrator account but it still crashed. Well, what I exactly did was:

1. Unintstall ccleaner

2. Run RegMedic to remove problems from registry

3. Download and install latest ccleaner 1.33.382

4. Run CC in Adminitrator account, everything fine

5. Run CC in User account - application starts, but when I click the "Analyse" button the application crashes

6. Log into administrator and change User account type to "admin"

7. Log in as User, run CC, crash as above

I guess my feeling is that either CC should be run from the Administrator account and clean everything on the PC, or the individual user should have responsibility for their own accounts and run CC themselves.

Unfortunately, I have the worst of both worlds ...

It *may* crash if the user couldnt access a file or the registry, but I'm not sure. So, maybe you should log in as the Administrator and give the user accounts Administrative rights. Then log into one, clean, then go back and re-restrict the accounts.

I'm no expert, but when you "Run as Administrator" wouldnt that have to clean the Administrator account?

Because when you do that it runs it as if you were logged on as the Administrator, right?