Add cookie to keep

whdmike

I would like to (manually) add a cookie to keep (Options - Cookies) https://bard.google.com/ . I want to add just this domain, I don't want to add www.google.com which is the only cookie that shows up automatically on my computer. I think it is a big handicap that I can't add an exception manually! 

I tried to disable Edge to clean cookies at exit, FlashPeak browser, but bard cookies wouldn't show up automatically in Ccleaner options. So, every time I run Ccleaner I need to login again to my bard extension. 

Edited by nukecad
live link broken

If you right-click on the Cookies to Keep pane, it will bring up a context menu with an Add option. If you click that option, you'll get a dialog where you can enter the cookie domain - bard.google.com.

However, I'm not very sure it will do what you expect. From the fact that bard.google.com cookie isn't listed in CCleaner and from my experiment with a web login to Bard, it seems to me that the login you want to protect is stored in a google.com cookie. This means that protecting bard.google.com cookie wouldn't have any effect, simply because there is no such cookie.

Screenshot2023-11-03192802.thumb.png.64251b3768d7e2be1df3b239377da2ce.png

Edited by rofoun

13 hours ago, rofoun said:

If you right-click on the Cookies to Keep pane, it will bring up a context menu with an Add option. If you click that option, you'll get a dialog where you can enter the cookie domain - bard.google.com.

However, I'm not very sure it will do what you expect. From the fact that bard.google.com cookie isn't listed in CCleaner and from my experiment with a web login to Bard, it seems to me that the login you want to protect is stored in a google.com cookie. This means that protecting bard.google.com cookie wouldn't have any effect, simply because there is no such cookie.

Thank you @rofoun for the detailed answer. It looks like I need to keep google.com cookie in order to work. Thanks.