Recuva error file recover

I need your help with the following situation:
Accidentally Ive erased a folder of photos using hard delete (shift+delete) - I noticed right away and executed the Recuva program in its free version. The app identified the deleted files and classified them with a green light (highly recoverable files).
I started the recovering process on an external disc and after 8 hours it recovered all the deleted files. Thinking that the process was completed successfully, I copied the files to the original place on the computer but when I try to open them, the format file is not recognizable.
I see that the name, size & dates are ok in the recovery folder but the content seems to be empty or null.
I would like to know how can I recover that content or how to be able to see the pictures in the right format.

Thank you!

• Moderators

... and which version of Recuva?  The latest version is 1.53.2096 released 13 June 2023 (https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/version-history).  Prior versions (eg: 1.53 with lower build numbers) had an issue with green-lighting files that were securely deleted and, in fact, unrecoverable.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
Other customer support? Check the contact details in your order confirmation or email support@ccleaner.com
Privacy questions - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes or CCleaner version history.

Disclaimer: Anything written in this post is not official Piriform communication.  I am not a Piriform employee, just a forum moderator.