Spyware Terminator

rridgely

• Moderators

I don't know about you all but I'm getting sick of antispyware programs. If only there was one that would do everything and was free. :(

I saw a couple reviews about spyware terminator on wilders and spyware info info that basically liked its real time but its scanner isn't anything special. The interface is at least better then defender and it does integrate with clamwin antivirus so if you use that you will probably love this. I don't like real time antispyware on my computers but if you do run them then this is one to look at.

Interface is very nice and its not to bad on resource usage(13,076k right now). I liked the fact that it has multiple modes for real time(advanced, beginner, and another one). Basically you can have it do everything automatically or notify you of every little thing you do. It has automatic updates as well. Also it says it works on all versions of windows so if you don't have xp/2000 your included as well.

This program was listed on spywarewariors list for a while but it wasn't because of the program itself.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-s...tm#spyterm_note

I downloaded it and scanned it will ewido and etrust.(both clean)

I guess its just another option. :D

EDIT:

Forgot link :P

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popu...erminator.shtml

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Spywa...or/1139394850/1

I don't care... what the people say on there reviews. I'm sticking with Ewido, Spybot, ad-ware and A-Squared :)

Edit: I tried that program and it gave out a few... bad sections that DIDN'T need to be deleted.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Forgot to mention that its scanner is kind of funky. It will list a lot of stuff thats not spyware in another tab. No its not false positives it just lists everything that starts up with you computer in it. Strange but I guess if you like it...

IDK... what the people say on there reviews. I'm sticking with Ewido, Spynot, ad-ware and A-Squared :)

Yeah, I'm not saying everyone should all switch to this, I'm just letting everyone know it exists. :D

A-Squared is not one of my favorites, its pretty bad about false positives.

Forgot to mention that its scanner is kind of funky. It will list a lot of stuff thats not spyware in another tab. No its not false positives it just lists everything that starts up with you computer in it. Strange but I guess if you like it...

Yeah, I'm not saying everyone should all switch to this, I'm just letting everyone know it exists. :D

A-Squared is not one of my favorites though, its pretty bad about false positives.

In my opinion and my months of using *A-Squared I have had no problems. Yeah... I can see people wanting to try the program out but I wouldn't recommend it though.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I think think twice before ever trying out anything thats been on the rouge antispyware list.

I am also no fan of on-access (real time) scanning.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• 1 month later...

I think think twice before ever trying out anything thats been on the rouge antispyware list.

I am also no fan of on-access (real time) scanning.

Some users hate real-time cause of memory Usage or a pop-up saying *This is allowed or whatever.