CCleaner Keeps Removing Edge Extensions

I have a 3rd party YouTube extension that I have installed with Edge. It allows me to right click on certain words and perform searches (very handy). I've had to reinstall it several times, because for some reason it just keeps disappearing.

Today I discovered I know why. After running CCleaner for another reason, it was gone. I think this has been happening the entire time (as I run CCleaner quite a bit).

Any way I can disable the option that removes the extension from Edge every time I run CCleaner?

Guest johnccleaner

That sounds like something is not set up properly with the extension. (We've seen in the past where, for instance, an extension's saved data might be deleted because it's being put in the Cache, which CCleaner cleans by default, as opposed to the appropriate long-term storage sections defined by the browser's manufacturer. Could be something similar?)

There isn't an 'option to delete extensions' when using CCleaner's cleaning (you can do so in Tools > Browser Plugins; though at this time, we are not able to display or modify plugins for Microsoft Edge), and if there was, then it'd be wiping out all extensions in Edge rather than just this one.

I would recommend either A) installing a different extension with similar functionality that might be more compliant with the browser manufacturer's best practices or B) reinstalling the extension > going to CCleaner's Custom Clean > Analyze > right-click on the results > Save to Text File; then contact our support team via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 including the saved text file and any other details you can offer on the issue you're experiencing (including the name of the extension) so that we can investigate this further.