Kamo Private Connection NO Auto Start on System Startup or Reboot

FrancisT

Using Windows 10 Pro, After the Nov 17th, 2022, Kamo update version 4.6.891.1424, starts fine, except Private Connection that used to start Automatically does not. I have to manually turn on the Private Connection and re-checkmark all the box settings after every system boot or restart.

Everything was working fine before the program update, I also checked Task Scheduler which shows Kamo task was updated on 11/17/2022. And is no different from the previous scheduled Task setting. Is this a program change or an error in the software coding, seems like the settings are not being saved for Protection Connection being ON or OFF.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @FrancisT First of all, I'm sorry to hear of how Private Connection no longer automatically starts following the recent update we released for Kamo.

To help us investigate further, would you be willing to send us your log files?

You can save the log files using these steps:

• Open Kamo > click Menu > HELP
  • Click "SAVE LOGS"

Afterwards, a File Explorer window will appear with the kamo_logs.zip file highlighted; please email these to our support team, using support@ccleaner.com.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @FrancisT 

We've been able to replicate the problem so our development team is currently investigating the issue, and there is no longer any need to send us any logs.

I will follow-up with you as soon as I have further insight on this and/or when I have a confirmation the problem will be resolved.

I look forward to being in contact with you again soon and meanwhile, please don't hesitate to reply if anything else is needed.

I install Kamo 4.6.891.1424, but Private Connection does not function.  A message appears: "We can't connect you to the Private Connection right now. Sorry, we're having technical issues."

Whats Wrong?

Thanks,

Marcus Salles.

Link to access log files: https://tjsp-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/marcussalles_tjsp_jus_br/EUpNuyZ8G2ZJqwZSVTKjuTABnr6NBo7U5koR3yvtCnEQNA?e=B5etZB

Edited by Marcus Salles

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Marcus Salles Thanks for providing the log files, and for reporting this issue.

Our development team has identified the cause of this problem and I suspect they will have this resolved before the end of this week.

I'll follow-up with you again as soon as this has been fixed to ensure everything is working properly for you at that time.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Marcus Salles I wanted to follow-up with you on this as the Private Connection feature of Kamo should be working properly now.

However if you happen to notice any additional issues, or otherwise, please let us know as we'll be more than happy to help.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @FrancisT I am glad to say our development team has confirmed the problem will be resolved whenever we release v4.8 of Kamo.

Meanwhile, may we please ask you to ensure Kamo is configured with the 'all networks' setting, as follows?

1. Open Kamo > click Private Connection
  2. Click "Private connection settings"
  3. Move the "Automatically turn on Private Connection" switch to the right, to the "On" position
  4. From the "When you connect to" drop-down, select "ALL NETWORKS"

Good morning.

A new problem appears.

Private Connection does not start automatically. I realy turn on: Automatically turn on Private Connection and Block Internet access, if Private Connection suddenly drops.

But... Private Connection only works if I turn it on  manually. And if internet access suddenly drops, Kamo does not block internet access.

Link to access log file: https://tjsp-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/marcussalles_tjsp_jus_br/EUpNuyZ8G2ZJqwZSVTKjuTABnr6NBo7U5koR3yvtCnEQNA?e=taHp0T

Thanks!

Guest johnccleaner

Our development team has been able to reproduce this problem and has found a fix for it. This is expected to be made available in an upcoming update.

Unfortunately, until that update can be made available, the connection will need to be enabled manually when you want to use it. 

In regards to Golddigger, that doesn't sound like the same problem at all, as the reason the connection may not be able to be established is because you can't connect at all.

Can you provide more information on precisely what error you're receiving when you try to enable it?