Registering CCleaner FAILS

GTech

Just purchased CCleaner for my system, I have downloaded the file from the link in the email, when trying to register it constantly fails with the error message:

"Something went wrong with our Licensing System"
Sorry we can't activate your license right now
Error Code: SYTEM (12029)

And yes it actually says "SYTEM" and now System 
, etc
I have attached a screenshot of the full error message

Can any advise?   All the usual have been done; Reboots, Clean up

CCleaner Issue.PNG

check to see if your HOSTS file is causing a problem by blocking internet-connections to "piriform.com."

you can temporarily disable the HOSTS file by renaming it to "nohosts." you can change it back to "HOSTS" after you have finished troubleshooting.

the HOSTS file is located at "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc."

i have said before that it might be necessary to change file explorer's view settings to "show hidden files" in order to view the HOSTS file but apparently that is not the case. it is not necessary to enable "show hidden files" in order to access the HOSTS file.

if you need help with managing the HOSTS file, you can use google-search to find information about that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+manage+hosts+file

i would say that the best way to manage the HOSTS file would be to use either notepad or notepad++ with administrator privileges to open the HOSTS file and then edit it as necessary.

again, you can temporarily disable the HOSTS file by temporarily renaming it to "nohosts."

Anch'io ho fatto fatica per qualche giorno, non voleva saperne di fare la registrazione.

Poi aperto, con NOTEPAD++ il file c:\Windows\system32\drivers\ect\hosts         e ho cancellato le righe che riportavano CCleaner

Fatto!! registrato😄

Edited by vaifro