Ccleaner won't clean Brave browser.

ccjm

Uninstalled Ccleaner and installed the latest version today.  Killed all instances of Brave with Process Explorer.  Ran Ccleaner and it said the clean was successful.  I opened Brave and went to Youtube.  Account showed as signed out.  So far so good.  I went to Google.com and I appearead logged in to my Google account, the account that I also use for Youtube.  So logged out on Youtube and logged in on Google.com.  Started happening recently.  

Thanks for any help in advance.

Started happening.  Ccleaner doesn't clean Brave.  No instances of Brave opened at all.  Killed them all with Process Explorer.  Only box I check off in Ccleaner is the "password" one as I don't want the passwords stored in Brave to be removed.  After running Ccleaner successfully and open Brave browser on youtube  I'm still logged in to my Youtube account.  This just started happening.  I'm being forced to use the browser's cleaning tool now.  I'm up to date with Windows 8.1, Brave and Ccleaner.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @ccjm If applicable, can you please see if this problem persists after configuring CCleaner as follows?

1. Open CCleaner > click Options > Cookies
  2. Under the "Cookies to Keep" list, right-click:
    mail.google.com
    www.google.com/accounts
    google.com/accounts
    google.com
    www.google.com
    accounts.google.com
  3. Click "Remove"

3 hours ago, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @ccjm If applicable, can you please see if this problem persists after configuring CCleaner as follows?

1. Open CCleaner > click Options > Cookies
  2. Under the "Cookies to Keep" list, right-click:
    mail.google.com
    www.google.com/accounts
    google.com/accounts
    google.com
    www.google.com
    accounts.google.com
  3. Click "Remove"

That did it.  Thanks for that.  However, I have an issue with Brave not being able to restore tabs after running Ccleaner.  This was a non-issue until recently (about a week ago).  I have Brave configured "on startup" to "Continue where you left off".   I've been killing the browser and running Ccleaner right after for years now and had always been able to restore Brave's tabs successfully.  My Ccleaner is set to receive updates automatically.  Brave hasn't release an update in awhile.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Thanks for the updates on this as I am glad to hear that worked.

For the tab issue, can you please see if the problem persists after disabling the "Session" cleaning option for Brave?

5 hours ago, MeganCCleaner said:

Thanks for the updates on this as I am glad to hear that worked.

For the tab issue, can you please see if the problem persists after disabling the "Session" cleaning option for Brave?

That worked as well!  Thank you so much for that.  I guess both issues had to do with the whitelisted google cookies.  I don't remember doing that.  Maybe the new version of Ccleaner did it by default?  Don't know.  I've never trusted Google so, I would never whitelist it intentionally.   But thanks again for your help, Megan.