How Does the Performance Optimizer Determine The Impact of a Given Program?

plat

Hello.  I occasionally use CCleaner and was curious about the above feature.  After scanning, it determined Sandboxie's impact on my system was "High" and recommended to put it to sleep.  I was kind of amused but then considered my personal experience w/SBIE and it was the complete opposite.  I use it for browsing primarily and its resource consumption is virtually always less than 1%.  Furthermore, it is set to restrict network access by the browser. Recommending to put a security program to "sleep" is a conflict, right--doesn't make sense.  Finally, its startup impact is "low" as per Task Manager.

Can you tell me what parameters you use to determine how significant a program's impact is on one's system?  Bottom line:  I feel this feature: Performance Optimizer is incorrect in its description and recommendation viz:  Sandboxie.  Windows 10 v. 19044.1706.  Firefox v. 100.0.2.  Sandboxie Plus 1.0.22.  CCleaner 6.00.9727 FREE. 

Thanks!  Looking forward to a more detailed explanation. 

ccleaner sbie.PNG

Guest johnccleaner

I believe this is because two different things are being measured - Task Manager is only concerned about the "Startup impact", i.e. what does the program start when Windows starts up. Performance Optimizer is instead concerned with how many processes the program runs. While this isn't a direct measurement of performance impact, it is often a useful proxy for that impact.

However, the same rule applies to Performance Optimizer as to any other function of CCleaner - you know your system best, and you know what it needs, what you use, and how software works on it. As such, if you don't feel that this program should be put to sleep, then don't. 

I'll be happy to get your observations to our development team for further investigation, of course, and thank you for sending your findings.