CCleaner program backup

Has CCleaner management thought of introducing a CCleaner mini backup program into their stable of software ?. I am a private user and when using the options of CCleaner pro, a mini backup program seems me a suitable addition.

There are many backup programs on the market  usually backup everything on your pc . I would like to simplify the process by 

Running a health check - a custom clean, driver updater then backup a directory to USB A , then another directory to USB B (example only) . 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnccleaner

I'll be happy to let our development team know about your interest in this functionality. I'm not aware of any plans in this direction, but it's certainly worth consideration. Thanks!

• Admin

Hi @Jae3804 thanks for the suggestion.

The functional themes of CCleaner itself have always been of performance and privacy, and everything that we add to CCleaner have been around those themes - predominantly around performance.  Where needs for new functions have strayed a bit outside of those areas we have spun them out into separate Piriform products - such as CCleaner Browser for ad-blocking and browser fingerprint obfuscation, and Kamo for more robust anti-fingerprinting and VPN-style IP address hiding.

Some form of backup would fall into the theme of our Recuva file recovery software - as a preventative measure to stop users needing to resort to file recovery in the first place for critical files.  We've been looking at a few possible options for this as part of our planning for Recuva 2.0, although from discussions with the Recuva user base we are likely to prioritise improvements to how Recuva restores corrupted partially overwritten files over backup features.

So to summarise: yes the product team in Piriform has considered a backup function, we will probably do something with it at some point, but not part of CCleaner itself, and not in 2022.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes